The Fondo Semillas Chicago Network invites you to join us for a Mezcal & Tequila Tasting to benefit women who are transforming their communities, supported by Fondo Semillas.
Tasting and snacks included
Mercadito from Jolom Mayaetik in Chiapas, Mexico.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
6:00 – 9:00 pm
350 W Erie St. Chicago, IL
For more information, please contact Joanna Arellano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Buy your tickets now!
1. Buy your tickets via Pay Pal by clicking the button below. Once your tickets have been paid for, you will receive electronic tickets via email from Joanna Arellano within 72 hours.
Together we can build bridges, not walls.
Fondo Semillas is a non-profit organization focused on improving women’s lives in Mexico. We dream of a country where all women —indigenous, mestiza, and black women; young women, migrants, heterosexual women as well as lesbians, mothers, and students alike— can make their own decisions and have access to health services, education, a decent job, justice, and happiness.
To achieve this, Fondo Semillas supports women’s groups and organizations. For over 25 years, it has directly benefited more than 640,000 women and indirectly reached 2.4 million more women, girls, boys, and men indirectly.
Examples of women Fondo Semillas supports include:
- Midwives who work to prevent maternal mortality and obstetric violence
- Maquila workers who fight sexual harassment and unfair salaries
- Indigenous and rural women who defend their right to own land
- Domestic workers who seek to make their line of work just as acknowledged and respected as any other
- Indigenous women cooperatives that develop sustainable projects
- Young women focused on eradicating discrimination and gender-based violence.
Organized women themselves identify the problems they face and propose solutions. Fondo Semillas provides them with economic resources, capacity building, accompaniment, and also strengthens their abilities for strategic alliance building, in order to position their work among key actors.